Yummy!!! Think i’ll make one of these…
This is a fun dessert pizza to serve to kids of all ages at Easter time. The crust is made with packaged sugar cookie dough and topped with frosting and jelly beans, so it is relatively easy to make. You also can change out the toppings to whatever seasonal candy you like. It’s everything kids love in one slice.
- 1 20-ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 16-ounce can vanilla frosting
- Yellow paste food coloring
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups jelly beans and/or egg-shaped candies
- Press cookie dough slices into a greased 13-inch pizza pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Tint frosting with yellow food coloring. Spread over cooled cookie. Tint coconut with green food coloring. Sprinkle tinted coconut and candies over frosting before it sets. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes 12 servings.
- To Present This Gift… Working in 1-inch sections at a time, place a small amount of glue on the pie server handle. Wrap with a chenille stem. Add more glue and a chenille stem of another color. Continue working in this manner until the entire handle of the pie server is covered with chenille stems. Let the glue dry. Tuck server between pizza and pan; wrap pizza with cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- Also try this… Wrap the handle of the pie server with variegated yarn in Easter colors.
- To present this gift you will need: Thick white crafts glue Pie server with a straight handle Chenille stems in lime green, yellow, purple, pink, and orange Cellophane Ribbon