Easter Recipes – Egg shapes with chocolate candies hidden inside
Give these Easter egg-shaped goodies a shake to hear the tasty surprise inside – M&M’S® candies!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® Easter colored chocolate candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- 12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
- Why use Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®?
Why use Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®?
As the first crisped rice cereal, Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® has been bringing families together in the kitchen for over 80 years.
To experience the timeless flavor, make your Rice Krispies Treats® squares with the original Rice Krispies® brand cereal.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of Rice Krispies® mixture into both halves of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day. Serving size is 1 egg.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.